19, 22, 25 & 27th December 2016
- Session Changes - Please note that there are no training sessions on 1st and 2nd January due to the bank holiday.
- Club Records - New versions of the BPSC Overall and Age Group records lists are now available on the Club Records page. Also updated is the Roll of Honour for Age Group and Youth swimmers. All these records reflect results up to and including the BPSC Last Chance Qualifier on 17/18th December. No less than 11 out of the 18 club female overall records, and 3 of the 17 male records have fallen since October! Congratulations go to Holly Hildrew, Vejune Petraityte, Ellie Wheeler, Macy Lawrence and Conor Harrold. During this period Sam Perks has broken the boys under-16 Essex record for 50m Backstroke and Macy Lawrence has taken the Women's Open and girls 50m Freestyle Essex record. Preparation of a new Club Records report is in progress, which will include Age Group highlights, and this will be published when available.
- County Champs - Entries for the Essex County Age Group Championships are due by Friday 23rd December. See Schedule & Qualifying Times. Full details of events and qualifying times are available here: 2017 Essex Age Group Championships. Please note there were some changes from the original event details which were driven by ASA Licensing constraints on running ‘finals’.
- Christmas Team Event - Updated teams for the Christmas Team competition on 23rd December are now available.
- Open Meet - Results from the BPSC Last Chance qualifier open meet are available on the Open Galas page.
- Christmas Sessions - Details of arrangements over the Christmas period are available on the Session Amendments page.
5th December 2016
- Open Meet - Results from the BPSC 1500/800m Distance meet are now available on the Open Galas page. Congratulations to Mark Evens from Hitchin who broke the 800m and 1500m World records for his category at this event.
- Club Champs - An updated results file including results from the final session are now available. 2016 BPSC Club Champs Results. Many thanks to all the club volunteers and officials who enabled us to successfully run this event.
28th November 2016
- Club Champs - results from the first 3 sessions are now available Session 1-3 Results. Many thanks to the many volunteers and officials who helped run this event. Also available is an extract of the full programme with events for the final session only - Friday 2nd Dec. Programme Extract - Session Four.
- Christmas Sessions - See the Session Amendments page for details of changes to training sessions over the Christmas period. Please also note the special BPSC Christmas team event planned for Friday 23rd December from 5pm.
24th November 2016
- Club Records Update - The Overall and Age Group club records have been updated to include performances up to include galas in October. See the latest Club Records report for details. Congratulations to Caitlin Watson-Dotchin and club newcomer Holly Hildrew who set new overall club records. Congratulations also to Liam Brennan who joined the BPSC records for the first time in the 14yrs age group. The club thanks Alan Twine and Paul Sandford for continuing helping us to keep track of these records.
29th October 2016
- Winter Club Championships - Details of the winter BPSC club championships are now available. This competition will take place over four evenings Friday/Sat/Sun 25/26/27th November plus Friday 2nd December. All club swimmers are strongly encouraged to enter (green hats and above) as the event will replace normal training on the affected evenings. Details of the event schedule are available in this 2016 Winter Club Champs Entry Pack. There will be a trophy awarded for the top swimmer in each age group and medals for the top six.
- Squad Pathways - Click on the following links to see our updated Squad Criteria, Pathway + Qualifying times and Squad Timetable. These are effective from November 2016.
16th September 2016
- Club Records - The Overall and Age Group club records and Age Group Youth/Age Group all of Fame have been updated to include performances up to 5th August. See the latest Club Records report for details. Congratulations to Simon Feise, Mia Lowe and James Cooper who are newcomers to the BPSC record books. Also congratulations to Bryony Umfreville, George Epsly, Brooke Frost and Fraser Scott who have broken overall club records since the last update. The club thanks Alan Twine and Paul Sandford for continuing helping us to keep track of these records.
25th July 2016
- Open Gala - Results from this weekend’s End Of Season Open meet are now published on the Open Galas page. Congratulations to the swimmers, and many thanks to all those volunteers and officials whose assistance made this such a great event.
- Nationals - We are now entering the pinnacle of the competitive swimming season as we arrive at the GB and English Summer National Championships. Following an excellent set of results throughout the season, Basildon & Phoenix Swimming Club have continued to make an impression on the National stage and have qualified a record number of swimmers at the Championships. This year sees a total of 23 swimmers qualifying for individual events together with an additional 3 swimmers who have helped qualify no less than six BPSC relay teams to the National Championships. Follow all our swimmers with online coverage at GB Summer Championships live stream (26-31st July) and ASA Nationals live stream (1-5th August).
- Club Kit - The new online Club Kit shop is open for business. A special 5% discount order window is now open and is available for orders placed by Friday 29th July.
- Club Organiser - All members should now have received their logon details. Please logon and update your medical details. If you haven’t received any logon details or you are experiencing problems please contact us at BPSC Club Organiser help
5th June 2016
- Gala Calendar- An updated gala calendar listing galas that the club plans to enter is now available. Results from the Novice Open meet are now also available on the Open Galas page.
- Club Records - The latest update of club records (thanks to Alan Twine and Paul Sandford!) show of total of 56 new records with 14 overall age group records, five overall Long Course records (Brooke Frost, Vejune Petraityte and Macy Lawrence ) and one overall club record (Vejune Petraityte). Special congratulations and welcome to Arthur Bernans swimming in the 9 and under category and a new name in BPSC record books. More names and detail available in the June Club Records update which can be found on the Club Records page together with lists of Overall records and records by age group and gender.
21st May 2016
- Club Records - It’s great to see that our swimmers continue to set new heights. The latest update of club records (thanks to Alan Twine and Paul Sandford!) show of total of 51 new records with 22 overall age group records, four overall Long Course records (Brooke Frost, Katarina Blanco Fraser Scott) and one overall club record (Vejune Petraityte). Special congratulations and welcome to Daniel McGuinness, Thomas Ford and Zachary Skillett, all swimming in the 9 and under category and now new names in BPSC record books. Lastly, congratulations go to Harrison Rider who broke 11 records in the period. For full details see the April Club Records Update which can be found on the Club Records page together with lists of Overall records and records by age group and gender.
8th May 2016
- Open galas - Results from this weekend’s BPSC Non-Regional Qualifer’s gala are now available on the Open Galas page. Please note we have now also added details of our 1500/800m County/Regional qualifier gala which is to be run on 3rd December.
- Masters Report - Two of our BPSC Masters swimmers made their way up to Ponds Forge in Sheffield recently to complete in the British Masters Championships. See 2016 British Masters Gala report for details! Even more of our Masters swimmers (Ten) are planning to compete at the Arena European Masters Championships in the London Aquatics Centre at the end of May - we hope they have a great experience and wish them every success. If you are interested in joining one of our Masters sessions please contact our Masters coach Sue Humphries.
- Summer Club Champs - This event is to be held on Friday 10th June (5pm-8pm). All squad Swimmers (including Academy) other than those competing at the British National Champs or ASA Summer Nationals in July are expected to enter. This is to gain race experience and also to update short course personal best times. See entry form and list of events. This event will replace all normal training sessions other than for the National event qualifiers.
- Club Records & Roll of Honour - The club records team have been busy beavering away since the end of the Essex Age Group Championships to update the BPSC club records with all the new records set by our fantastic set of swimmers. 40 swimmers broke 103 records, of which 29 were overall age group records, eight were overall long course records and one was an overall club record. Once again there are far too many to list here so you’ll just have to read the February Club Records Update which can be found on the Club Records page together with lists of Overall records and records by age group and gender. Our president, Alan Twine, has also updated the BPSC Roll of Honour, so have a look to see if you or your swimmer(s) are in there!
- Presentation Evening - We hope that those of you attended the inaugural BPSC Awards evening enjoyed the show. It was great to see so many there and a fantastic job was done by the organisers and presenters. A worthy celebration of BPSC securing ‘Top Club’ at this year’s Essex County Age Group Championships. If you missed it I’ll see if I can post the slide show here so watch this space!
- Essex Age groups - The second weekend of the 2016 Essex Age group competition saw yet more excellent swims from the BPSC competitors. At the end of a weekend which included sessions in the former London 2012 Olympic pool BPSC extended their lead in the club points competition to 448 points over second-placed Romford Town. A huge huge thank you also to ALL of the volunteers and Officials who worked this weekend - you were all amazing!!!! See Gala Results page for more details.
- Essex Age Groups - There was a fantastic set of results from the BPSC contingent of swimmers during the first weekend of three for the 2016 Essex Age group competition. In this key Essex county event of the year BPSC finished the first weekend in top spot of the club points competition by a substantial margin over second place Romford, and more than TWICE the points of third placed Colchester! See Gala Results page for more details.
9th January 2016
- Club Records - With Sleigh bells ringing faintly in the distance and Santa Claus still making his final preparations, there was still time for BPSC swimmers to set new records in the closing days of 2015. Within the 27 age group records achieved were seven new overall club records and one overall short course record. Especial congratulations go to George Epsly, Brooke Frost, Conor Harrold and Harvey Jolly for setting new overall club records. In the same period Sophie Jenkinson, Macy Lawrence, Grace Waller, Jack Turrell, Thomas Brown, Harry Nicholls, Reece Nicholls and Ruby Wheeler followed up by setting new age group records. See the end-December Club Records report and Club Records page for all the details.